Practice and Build Out Your Plans
Disasters don’t plan ahead. You Can. Every disaster plan should include anEmergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK).
Here are more tips from SERVPRO of Romulus/Taylor on how to practice and build out your plans in case of a disaster:
- Maintain emergency savings for use in case of an emergency
- Participate in an emergency drill
- Know how to access community resources (e.g., shelters, food banks)
- Maintain emergency savings in case of a disaster.
- Do you know how to access community resources where you live? Search online today.
- Make digital copies of important documents and save them on the cloud or a secure cell phone app in case disaster strikes.
- Have at least a one-week supply of medications.
- Flood insurance policies have a 30-day waiting period before they go into effect. Plan now for floods floodsmart.gov
- Give yourself financial peace of mind & create an emergency savings account that can be used in a crisis
- Financial prep tip: gather & store critical personal, household, & medical information for easy access during a disaster.