COVID-19 and Trick-or-Treating
As many of us prepare to buy candy and costumes for Trick-or-Treating, the CDC has considerations to help protect families and communities from COVID-19. Not only do we have to worry about COVID, flu season is also upon us. Following these considerations can help limit the spread while still being able to enjoy Halloween festivities.
Make Trick-or-Treating Safer:
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Pass out candy outdoors.
- If possible, set up a station with individually bagged treats for children to take.
- Wash hands before handling candy.
- Wear a mask.
- Make your cloth mask part of your costume.
- A costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
- Do NOT wear a costume mask over a cloth mask. It can make breathing more difficult.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing.
- Stay at least 6 ft. away from others who do not live with you.
- Bring hand sanitizers with you.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home and before you eat any candy.
For more information on making Trick-or-Treating safer, go to the cdc.gov. Your friends at SERVPRO of Romulus are wishing you a fun and safe Halloween!