Fire Risk During the Winter
House fires are common in the United States—something millions of Americans will deal with over the next year. And that number likely includes members of the community here. SERVPRO is here to help you and your family if your home suffers fire damage. Our team is prepared to help you remediate and repair in the aftermath of a fire.
Why Your Risk Is Higher During the Winter
Fires can happen at any time, but they’re more common during the colder winter months—especially where residents may need to use furnaces, space heaters and more to heat their homes. Here are some household risks during the winter.
- Space heaters without automatic shutoff functions can topple over.
- Candles left burning can fall over if a family member or guest knocks on the wrong table.
- Kitchen fires happen more often, as many home chefs are creating special treats for the holidays.
- Christmas tree accidents cause numerous fires every year.
- Broken furnaces and issues with appliances can also happen throughout cold winter months.