Get Involved! Be a Part of Something Larger
For the final week of National Preparedness Month SERVPRO of Romulus/Taylor encourages you to get involved! Disasters don’t plan ahead. You Can. Get involved and share preparedness info in your community, faith-based organization, business & more:
- 40% of businesses never recover after a disaster. Watch this video and #PlanAhead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U0EFYKGn50&feature=youtu.be
- Develop a preparedness program for your business to plan for & reduce the impact of disasters: ready.gov/business
- Planning ahead for disasters can be the difference between going out of business and running a successful one.
- Ready Campus
- Make sure your campus is a Ready Campus and prepared for all types of emergencies. Get involved: ready.gov/campus
- Make sure your school has emergency procedures in place for disasters that could affect your campus.
- Know how to get in touch with family/friends if phones are down. Text instead of call and mark yourself as safe on social media.
- If you can’t get in touch with family/friends after a disaster, register yourself as “Safe and Well” on theRed Cross’ website
- Sign up to receive alerts from your school in case of an emergency like an active shooter event or natural disaster.
- Faith-Based Preparedness
- Keep your congregation safe – make sure your house of worship has a plan for all types of emergencies.
- Faith-based venues can become targets. Protect your congregation & house of worship by preparing for emergencies: fema.gov/faith-resources
- Take steps to protect your house of worship from arson. Illuminate the exterior/entrances and clear anything that could fuel fire.