Archived Commercial Blog Posts
If you ever have a biohazard, follow these tips to keep you and everyone in your commercial building safe.
At SERVPRO® of Romulus/Taylor, we understand that any type of exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose some serious health threats and consequences. In a commercial setting, any type of sewage backup, blood cleanup or even chemical spill can place YOU and all the occupants of the area at risk. Upon recognizing the situation, your primary focus should be safety. If you ever have a biohazard, follow these tips to keep you and everyone in your commercial building safe.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Do not leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Do not leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Do not use a household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use television or other appliances.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Whether it is blood, fluids, or tissue, our technicians have the tools and equipment to detect every spot, splatter, or shard. Biohazard cleanups are the hardest cleanup sites we face as industry experts. But rest assured that when SERVPRO® of Romulus/Taylor has completed the cleaning, your property will be restored to a safe and healthy environment.
Keep Up with Your Business Carpet Cleaning
Call us for a commercial carpet cleaning today.
Being a local independently owned franchise, we understand the challenges of owning a small business. Keeping a commercial space clean can be a big challenge but it needs to be done. First impressions are very important, and you don't want to turn customers off because your store has filthy carpets. Nobody wants to eat in a restaurant that has dirty carpets or upholstery or see years’ worth of stains.
We can take care of those things for you. Cleaning your carpets at least twice a year can help preserve the life of your carpets and keep your building looking clean and smelling fresh. We have cleaned several businesses throughout the local area already. Churches, nursing homes, senior living communities, and apartment complexes use us regularly to keep the carpets in their property looking nice and you should too! Call us for a commercial carpet cleaning today.
We Cover All Your Commercial Needs
When you need a commercial job done right and done fast, call SERVPRO.
Ever wonder what SERVPRO® can do for your commercial business? No matter the disaster, we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration - Pretesting helps SERVPRO® determine what type of fire has taken place. Knowing the types of smoke and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
- Water Removal and Dehumidification - Our franchise professionals identify the source and type of water which determines the proper course of action. Drying equipment controls temperature and humidity, minimizing secondary damage.
- Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup - Our franchise technicians are trained to safely and effectively clean biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations.
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation - SERVPRO works to control and remediate mold contaminants while protecting your health and safety.
When you need a commercial job done right and done fast, call SERVPRO®.
24/7 Emergency Water Damage Service
There is never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike your business.
SERVPRO can respond immediately to your commercial water damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage.
There is never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry with over 2,000 Franchises
- Highly Trained Water Damage Restoration Specialists
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO has specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it is the cornerstone of our business. If you have a fire or water emergency, call us anytime, day or night.
Preparing Your Business for Restoration After a Disaster
It’s crucial to have a plan in place to help you deal with more common types of disasters that business owners can face.
Our team wants to ask business owners a powerful question: What is the most important lesson you learned in the past two years?
Many business owners say they learned that it’s not always possible to plan for the future—or to see an event that will impact your business coming. Others will say that they’ve had to find new ways to engage with their customers and continue providing services. These are essential lessons that will carry on to other parts of the business, too. While none of us saw a pandemic coming, it’s crucial to have a plan in place to help you deal with more common types of disasters that business owners can face, like fires, flooding or severe storms.
Because our SERVPRO team wants to be a resource for business owners in our area, we’ve put together some powerful advice to help you if you ever need commercial restoration services.
What You Need to Know About Starting a Restoration Project
The majority of business owners can open their doors again after a fire or flood damages their business. It’s possible to not only open again but also to be more successful.
Here’s how we recommend you start the process:
- Your disaster plan is a crucial component. Invest in a disaster plan before you need it and do everything you can to follow it in the aftermath of a fire, flood or another type of natural disaster. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when your business is damaged, so knowing what you will do in advance helps. You may want to think about moving your business to a backup location so you can continue operating.
- Document all your damage. You’ll want to take plenty of pre-cleanup photos of your property to show your insurance company. It’s smart to inventory the items inside your business that were damaged, compromised or destroyed. Include the values of these items on your inventory list.
- Don’t forget to update your community. Providing your suppliers, your employees, your customers and your wider community with regular updates about your progress, a temporary location or your reopening is essential.
If a fire, flood or any other cause damages your business, you can always count on us for restoration assistance. We have crews who are available 24/7 in the event of an emergency.
Commercial Cleaning Made Easy
Along with our restoration services, we also offer specialized services specifically for the commercial setting.
At SERVPRO, we are well known for the custom solutions that we provide to homeowners. But what some people don’t realize is that we are also passionate about taking care of business owners.
That’s right, like the services we provide for homeowners, we do the same for business owners. Along with our restoration services, we also offer specialized services specifically for the commercial setting. One of our services is helping you to keep your facility in top condition! Because we are business owners ourselves, we know that the state and presentation of your facility matters.
Commercial Services for Businesses of Any Kind or Size
All business owners are busy! That’s why we strive to make it our priority to keep your business clean and sanitized so that you can remain focused on the more important things. We will provide you with professional cleaning and sanitation for all types of businesses, including:
- Retail facilities, such as supermarkets, home decor stores and malls. We work with everyone from small business owners to CEOs of multimillion dollar businesses and provide them with the same satisfactory service that they expect.
- Educational facilities, such as schools, daycares and tutoring places. Thanks to the pandemic, teachers have made the conscious effort to regularly clean, but it only gets about half the bacteria from desks. The reality is many things don’t get cleaned on a regular basis and the numbers for those are quite scary.
- Health facilities, including hospitals, assisted living centers and doctors’ offices. We work to ensure that your customers know your facility is thoroughly cleaned and you have made the effort to keep their well-being in mind.
- Foodservice facilities, such as restaurants, distribution centers and wholesale markets. At these types of facilities, cleanliness is crucial, and while you work hard on your job, we will work hard on ours. We will ensure that your facility is well-cleaned.
- Property management facilities, including apartment complexes, commercial buildings and sky-scrappers. These types of facilities are judged as soon as a customer walks through the doors, which is why we provide environmental and sanitation care.